We take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (EU) laws and requirements for user privacy.
This data protection and privacy statement is to inform you about how we process your personal data.
- Data co-controllers
ITMA Services NV, as well as its subsidiary, ITMA Services Pte Ltd (collectively referred to as "ITMA Services") is the Organiser of ITMA (Exhibition), with address at A Reyerslaan 80, 1030, Brussels, Belgium. Both companies will act as joint controllers of your personal data.
- Purposes for collecting your data
We collect and process the information you provide us with for the following purposes:
- To enable exhibitors and participants to be registered at our website.
- To send information related to your participation in our exhibitions to which you have registered. This includes updates, processing of the participation request and corresponding participation contract, management of invoices and payments, to promote and to conduct service quality surveys.
- Subject to your consent or, when applicable, our legitimate interest:
- To send newsletters, marketing and promotion information and/or advertising of our exhibitions that we organise, including by electronic means.
- To provide you with our services in accordance with your interests and improve your user experience.
- To update lists of removal/withdrawal of data in the event that you decide to change your preference.
- Legal basis
- The existence of a contractual /pre-contractual relationship: the users' voluntary accessing and browsing of the website, the Users' requests for information.
- Compliance with legal obligations.
- ITMA Services' legitimate interest in improving the website and its security and to send marketing communications to its clients.
- Users' consent, regarding the sending of customized marketing communications implying a profiling activity.
- User accounts
We offer online services for registered users. The registration processes for these services involve the creation of user accounts. We also employ vendors to initiate contacting of exhibitors and registered trade visitors in order to provide registration and other services pertaining to your participation, or to disseminate materials, information and marketing collaterals.
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but users using such processes are advised that they do so at their own risk.
We may use information submitted to provide you with a better customer experience and further details about the products/services we offer or to or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted.
- Data storage
Your data will be stored for a period of 8 years:
- if you have attended any ITMA, ITMA Asia or other ITMA-related events.
- in the event of request for information and queries.
We store your personal data on protected servers. Server access is restricted to a small group of authorised persons empowered to administer the technical, commercial and content-related aspects of the server.
- Sharing personal data
- We are the sole party processing enquiry form data.
- When we offer you a service through a third-party service provider, your data will be communicated to this service provider, acting as a data processor, with strict obligation to confidentiality and after the formalisation of the corresponding contract for the provision of services between us and the third-party service provider.
- For subscribers to the newsletters/electronic mailers, and registered ITMA exhibitors, visitors, and partners, data will not be transferred, they will be processed by a third company which manage the newsletter/electronic mailer distribution, with which the due service contract as processing vendor has been signed.
- Data Protection Rights
We assure you that you can:
- revoke your consent for the processing and use of your personal data at any time.
- access to your personal data
- obtain the erasure of your personal data
- request the rectification of inaccurate data or deletion of your data
- withdraw consent granted for the use of your data
- oppose the processing of your data, including for the sending of advertising information by electronic means.
- exercise your right to the limitation of the processing, so that their data will not be removed but its processing will be subject to limitations.
- exercise your right to data portability.
As our personalised service relies on processing personal data which you have provided, therefore, if you revoke your consent, we may not be able to provide a personalised service.
You can exercise your data protection rights by informing the data controller through the address:email@example.com, and providing your identity. You can also file any claim or request related to your data protection rights with the relevant data protection authority.
If you have questions, suggestions or comments regarding data protection and the disclosure of personal data to third parties should be sent via email to ITMA Services at: firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to A Reyerslaan 80, 1030, Brussels, Belgium